Schroeders Weir and the associated pool were named for the Schroeder family, pioneer settlers, who had Location 132 at the boundary of which the pool lies. It is situated at Carey Flat, a stretch of the Blackwood River named after T.C. Carey who surveyed the river from Padburys Junction to Chapmans Junction in April 1873.
T.C. Carey Fieldbook 5, p154/155