Thirty kilometres south-east of Port Gregory, Horrocks (also known as Horrocks Beach) is popular for swimming, fishing, surfing, diving, and windsurfing .
The population of Horrocks fluctuates depending on tourism, with the town at full capacity during school holidays and throughout the summer.
The town was named after Joseph Lucas Horrocks. There is doubt as to whether this man was a convict who was transported to Western Australia in 1851 for forging and uttering, or a doctor named Horrocks. The convict Horrocks received a conditional pardon in 1856. He built a non-denominational and first church in Northampton.
Dr Joseph Horrocks, originally came to Champion Bay District as Medical Officer at the convict settlement of Lynton. In 1855 he floated and managed the first copper mine in the district, known as White Peak.
The two Horrocks may have been the one man.