The Department of Environment and Conservation subsumed what was once the sheep station known as Doolgunna in 2005 as part of a project to restore landscape biodiversity on former pastoral stations in the Mid-West.
It is about 130 kilometres north of Meekatharra.
The station occupies an area of approximately 325,000 acres (131,523 ha). The unusual name of the property is aboriginal in origin but the meaning is not known. It was established around 1927.
In 2009 Sandfire Resources announced the discovery of a large, high grade copper and gold deposit within the station boundaries. Other exploration companies were quick to pick up adjoining tenements.
© Kim Epton 2017-2018
Feel free to use any part of this document but please do the right thing and give attribution.